Attorney Phillip Simon graduated from the Widener University Law School in 2001, and was admitted to practice in Pennsylvania in May 2002. In the years since, he has been an associate in large and small law firms, where he has argued to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in areas of underage drinking and search and seizure law. Additionally, he has routinely defended the rights of children through Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcements Proceedings. Today, he focuses on representing clients in the areas of family law, criminal defense and civil litigation.
Attorney Simon’s clients range from the high-profile clients to business executives to college students to individuals. Clients such as these speak to his accessibility, his willingness to fully investigate and understand the case, and his integrity.
Attorney Simon is a versatile attorney with proven success managing end-to-end civil, criminal, family, business, entertainment, and intellectual property law cases through settlement or litigation. He has skillfully conducted interviews and depositions, performed evidentiary analysis and discovery, drafted pleadings, motions, and memoranda, and develop comprehensive case records. He has a talent for liaising among witnesses, experts, and opposing attorneys.
Highlights of Phillip Simon, Esq.
- Negotiated for key client over one year in prison and over $5,000 in fines down to $250 penalty.
- Successfully litigated to void lease and got damages for client due to inhabitable conditions with roommate.
- Litigated arbitration for key business client pertaining to breach of contract and unjust enrichment, winning favorable verdict.
- Effectively got client released from prison and negotiated plea to community service.
- Argued on behalf of client before Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PaDOT), winning elimination of 40 years of license suspension time.
- Routinely communicated with area law enforcement to obtain favorable negotiated pleas.
- Successfully negotiated to settlement national trademark dispute.
- Negotiated on behalf of family law clients multiple favorable settlement/support agreements.
Areas of practice
1. Family law
b. Child custody
c. Child support
d. Grandparents rights
e. UCCJEA (uniform child custody jurisdiction and enforcement act)
f. Property settlement/equitable distribution
g. Alimony, support & alimony pendente lite
i. Custody & divorce conciliation/Master hearings/trial
k. Pre & post nuptial agreements
2. Criminal law
a. Summary, misdemeanor, felony charges
d. Aggravated Assault or Simple Assault
e. Terroristic Threats, Stalking, or Harassment
f. Drug Offenses (Possession/Manufacturing/Distribution)
g. Burglary, Robbery, Theft, Forgery, or Bad Checks
h. Probation and Parole Hearings
j. Underage Drinking
k. Public Intoxication
m. Traffic Violations
n. Speeding Tickets
3. Civil Litigation
a. Contract Enforcement/Breach of Contract
b. Name change Petitions
f. Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Meruit
j. 1983/Civil rights actions
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
J.D. – Widener University School of Law
B.A. – University of Utah
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Chester County Bar Association
Delaware County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
Prince Law Offices, P.C.