Christopher J. Amentas
Christopher J. Amentas
Practice Areas: Commercial, Construction, and Civil Litigation, Real Estate, Zoning, Municipal Law
Christopher J. Amentas specializes in litigation with a particular emphasis on commercial, construction, personal injury, zoning/land use and municipal matters. In addition to his litigation background, Mr. Amentas is a former Chairman of the Board of Supervisors of East Fallowfield Township in Chester County. As a Supervisor, Mr. Amentas was generally responsible for Township governance including supervision of public improvements, works and other construction projects. Mr. Amentas’ position as a Supervisor provided him with a unique perspective on how zoning and land use ordinances, procedures and laws impact construction and municipal clients on a local and statewide level. Similarly, as a former elected official Mr. Amentas is uniquely situated to navigate quasi-judicial, political and legislative processes in order to advance his clients’ interests.
Recent Representative Cases:
- Represented Condominium Association as Plaintiff in litigation against parties involved in the design, construction and renovation of a building consisting of ten (10) residential units and common areas located in South Philadelphia, PA.
- Represented Condominium Association as Plaintiff in litigation against parties involved in the design, construction and renovation of a building consisting of sixteen (16) residential units and common areas located on Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia.
- Represented Plaintiff Pet Hospital as Plaintiff in litigation against parties involved in the design, construction and renovation of a Pet Hospital located in South Philadelphia, PA.
- Represented Fire Company in litigation against parties involved in the design, construction and renovation of a firehouse addition located in Hatboro, PA.
- Represented homeowners in various litigation matters involving the marketing, sale, design, construction and renovation of residential dwellings.
- Defended and brought change order, delay and differing site condition claims on behalf of several contractors in connection with work performed pursuant to various public school and other projects.
- Obtained defense verdict for accountants in litigation involving the affiliation of two accounting firms.
Areas of Practice:
Land Use/Zoning/Municipal Law
Real Estate/Lending Transactions
Commercial, Construction and Civil Litigation
New Jersey, Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
Villanova University School of Law, J.D. 2001
Boston College, B.A. 1997
Professional Associations and Membership:
Philadelphia Bar Association
Chester County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
Powell, Trachtman, Logan, Carrle and Lombardo, P.C., Attorney-Associate