Gary E. Thompson
Gary E. Thompson
Position: Staff Attorney
Practice: Bankruptcy law, Commercial litigation, Landlord-tenant, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Probate, Estate litigation
Gary has been in private practice for over 25 years, handling a variety of cases with a specific concentration in bankruptcy, commercial litigation, collection law and Trusts and estates.
Gary has been representing individuals and businesses in all facets of the bankruptcy process, including Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13, doing both debtor and creditor oriented work. For the individual consumer he has saved his clients millions of dollars in credit card debt and rescued countless homes that were on the verge of being lost to foreclosure. Gary has also represented businesses from the small Mom& Pop ventures right up to major Fortune 100 companies not only in bankruptcy but also in commercial collection matters to enforce contracts and to seek appropriate relief when those contracts are violated.
In addition to the above, Gary also has extensive experience in Wills, Trust and Estates from the preparation of Last Wills and Testaments through Probate and ultimately litigating any issue with regard to Estate and Will contests and disputes.
- Was able to Discharge over $100,000 in Student Loans on behalf of an individual who was unable to work in his chosen profession.
- Saved a home from Foreclosure on behalf of a disabled individual who was an heir to his grandmother’s estate.
- Successfully litigated and settled a private business loan matter for over $100,000 for his client.
- Successfully litigated and resolved a 5 year old Will and Estate dispute among 7 heirs in Montgomery County.
- Was able to successfully remove a second mortgage from an individual’s home that was the product of an unsuccessful business venture.
- Represented 3 out of state heirs of a disabled Veteran and was able to procure them VA Death Benefits on behalf of the estate.
Areas of Practice:
Estate Litigation/Will Contests and Disputes
Supreme Court, Pennsylvania
Supreme Court, New Jersey
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court, New Jersey
Widener University Law School-1986
Professional Associations and Membership:
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Chester County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
Gary E. Thompson, Attorney at Law 1997-2013Thompson & Youns 1986-1997